Logo

sears/eska I have aquired a 3hp sears outboard ,it seems like it wants to run

maximoo

Itsa 1971 3 hp sears outboard thats been sitting in a barn for years .when I got it |I changed the oil in the lower unit .It would it idle but thats about it also there was oil in water of the trash can it was in .I have ordered a card kit and oil seals in an attempt to get this little motor up and running .My question is are there tricks to getting the seals out? any sage advice out there on these motors .any thing would be greatly apreiated

some times the little lower unit seals can be more trouble than there worth, if the seal I not to far gone I would use John Deere cornhead grease and skip the seal replacement, about 4$ a tube... most Vintage guys use this in the greaser lower units and so do I.

just do it like a gear lube, pump it in the fill hole with the grease gun wth the vent screw out. Its pretty neat, you should read up on cornehead grease... it has some amazing property's, goes in 00 grease and when its turned by the gears its turns liquid like lube and waters mixes and then when it sets turns back to grease and you can let the water out. lol,, works great... lots of old merc guys run it, I will take my oath n the stuff.

Back