Logo

1979 115hp that won't speed up

mjsfix

I have a 1979 115hp 2 stroke engine that when you push the throttle down the engine does not speed up but after a few minutes of running with the throttle down it speeds right up from 10mph to 30mph then I can back the throttle off a little. But when you throttle all the way of and speed back up it does the same thing it takes awhile to speed up again. Does anyone know what to do fix this.

I have a 1979 115hp 2 stroke engine that when you push the throttle down the engine does not speed up but after a few minutes of running with the throttle down it speeds right up from 10mph to 30mph then I can back the throttle off a little. But when you throttle all the way of and speed back up it does the same thing it takes awhile to speed up again. Does anyone know what to do fix this.

I can't help you but if it makes any difference, I have the same or similar problem. 1995 115hp Johnson. Taking out of the doc area is OK. Then when I go onto the open area push the throttle forward i get a little increase in speed and rpm. It's like it is not getting the gas it needs, then all of a sudden it kicks in and opens up. This goes on and off at random.

Back