Logo

needing parts for OMC Cobra 3.0 Tilt and Trim

Dan Heerts

Hey guys,

well, After being out of the country for a couple years, I got my Four Winns 170 Freedom out of storage at my parents garage. Was winterized professionally before putting it away...so I knew it should be in decent condition upon my return.

Anyway, got it out today..cleaned it all up, checked fluids, put in a new Optimax Blue Top battery. checked lights, all work, checked radio worked, blower, bilge..all working. put engine on hose..and a couple turns of the key, and it turned over. COOL

NOW...went to trim the outdrive UP, and nothing....just heard a little click when I pushed either UP or Down. after a few tries with just a "click" noise....it went quiet..no click at all now....so I assume that the pump and/or pump motor are shot.

So my question is.....anyone know where I can pick up a new, rebuilt, or WORKING used pump assembly for a 1990 Four Winns 170 Freedom???

Thanks for any help

Dan

I wouldn't assume that. Probably corroded electrical connections.
If the motor is bad, it can be repaired or you can buy a new one right here at marineengine.com

well, as suspected...I pulled the tilt/trim pump and motor off, took it completely apart, and cleaned it...and reassembled it. Still dead....motor is shot. I picked up a motor and replace it with new motor, and reinstalled...now tilt and trim working like new again!

Thanks for your help.

Back