Logo

1979 Mariner 9.9C EL serial #682-250463 Upper Secondary Coil

guidom

Can someone help me with the correct Upper Secondary Ignition Coil. I purchased 2 ea. 94777Mand they will not work. Power in and out to coil but nothing at the plug. This was built by Yamaha for Mercury.

Thanks

94777 is the correct upper coil, 94778 would be the lower coil. Using two upper coils should still produce spark - it certainly wouldn't "prevent" you from getting spark at the plugs (so in and of itself, the incorrect coil on cyl 2 is not THE issue here).

You say "power in and out" but nothing at the plug - how are you determining there is power going into the coil and then coming out of it????

Because if that's "true" then only the wire from the coil to the plug or the plug itself could be the issue.

Check your points,condensers and primary ignition coil under flywheel. I replace these a couple times a year around duck season. Problem is wont start and someone takes a steering wheel puller to pop flywheel and runs a bolt in on top of coil shorting it.

Check your points,condensers and primary ignition coil under flywheel. I replace these a couple times a year around duck season. Problem is wont start and someone takes a steering wheel puller to pop flywheel and runs a bolt in on top of coil shorting it.

I have power to the coil but it may not be enough. OK will do - thanks

94777 is the correct upper coil, 94778 would be the lower coil. Using two upper coils should still produce spark - it certainly wouldn't "prevent" you from getting spark at the plugs (so in and of itself, the incorrect coil on cyl 2 is not THE issue here).

You say "power in and out" but nothing at the plug - how are you determining there is power going into the coil and then coming out of it????

View the photo. Then again it may not be enough power.

Because if that's "true" then only the wire from the coil to the plug or the plug itself could be the issue.

Possible - can this be repaired?

Thanks

Back