Logo

honda bf35 ignition wiring

captain cooke

Hi hope someone can help, i'm wiring the ignition on my 2002 bf35
Got the white and black and the black and white on battery and start
Also got the chock on the ignition side of the switch which is all working
Fine, but where do or how do i wire the black and red kill wire?
Dose it go to the ignition or a ground kill switch ? Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks Rich

couldn't find the exact wiring diagram but other engines kill switch got two wire one black and one black/red. those both wire goes to ignition switch.

wajira

couldn't find the exact wiring diagram but other engines kill switch got two wire one black and one black/red. those both wire goes to ignition switch.

wajira
Thanks for your reply on the ignition i have battery, st , ign , acc .. i dont have a ground going to it at the min
And not sure where it would wire in ??

You have a switch for an inboard/outboard motor. It will not perform all the functions that an outboard keyswitch does.

One lead you did not mention is the choke lead.

If you do not or can not use a Honda switch, you can use an Evinrude/Johnson switch. It will have Battery, Ignition, start, choke, and M1 and M2 leads (for stopping). http://www.amazon.com/Evinrude-John...ie=UTF8&qid=1406163079&sr=8-1&keywords=508180

Since the Evinrude is used for a replacement for older Evinrudes, it does not come with screws for the terminals. Bummer....I always drop and lose one or two.

Several other companies make one equivalent to the Evinrude...... Sierra
MP39760
http://www.amazon.com/Sierra-MP3976...qid=1406163217&sr=8-1&keywords=Sierra+MP39760

It is less expensive and has screws.

There are others out there, but I know these will work. You push the key in for choke.

Mike

Opps! Forgot to answer one of your questions....

White/Black to B or Battery Terminal
Black/Yellow to I or Ignition Terminal
Black/White to S or Start Terminal
Brown to C or Choke Terminal
Black to M or M1 Terminal
Black/Red to M or M2 Terminal

Once again, the switch you have is not for outboards.

Hope that helps.

Mike

Opps! Forgot to answer one of your questions....

White/Black to B or Battery Terminal
Black/Yellow to I or Ignition Terminal
Black/White to S or Start Terminal
Brown to C or Choke Terminal
Black to M or M1 Terminal
Black/Red to M or M2 Terminal

Once again, the switch you have is not for outboards.

Hope that helps.

Mike

Awesome info thank you, i'm guessing the boat it was removed from mist have had it on a switch with black and black and red, one last thing my dashpot check valve is conected to the diaphragm but the pipe the other side is missing
Where should this conect ??

Back