Logo

200 Hp. EFI alarm

97 Nitro

went fishing on sunday motor was running good was going to head in started motor and an alarm went off .Staedy stream of water coming from engine. wasnt taking any chances so I idled back to take off ramp (1 hr.) Found a crack in oil line and replaced but still getting that real fast beep beep beep beep sound. Any other suggestions?

Is the "beep" a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep (continuous) or is it a series of individual beeps ie. beep, beep, beep, etc.

If the latter is a group of them, as in 6 beeps then pauses then more beeps etc.

It matters - the guardian system, upon detecting an issue has different numbers of beeps (or continuous) and possible rpms restrictions (to varying degrees) again, depending on what it "thinks is wrong".

So the EXACT details/description of what is happening is important to zeroing in on what it's trying to tell you.

Here is Guardian warning system chart for a 200 EFI (2 stroke - correct?????)

I have underlined (2 red lines) the only circumstance that would produce a (string) of beep's - no pauses, but individual beeps.

2 stroke guardian.jpg

If oil tank is on top of engine it does not have guardian mode, only the 3 liter 200EFI with tank on side has it and if it has a tank its not a 4 stroke.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial][FONT=Verdana, Arial]The warning module will sound the same alarm no matter what part of the oil system is signalling. If the alarm is a steady BEEP, it is an over heat alarm. If the alarm is a BEEP BEEP BEEP, it is an oil alarm, and is caused by either:

--oil level float switch in reservoir
--magnetic sensor in oil mixing pump input drive shaft has stopped rotation

--a defect in the alarm module itself (a common failure)
--weak spark on #5 cylinder as module does not see correct signal from switchbox and rotation sensor( swap to #3 for testing)

Because there are no indicators and the the alarm tone is the same, you have to deduce which sensor is causing the problem.

You can deduce if the problem is the oil level in the under-cowling reservoir by checking the level. If the level is at its normal condition, almost full, the float switch could be signaling a false alarm. You can check this with a meter to see if the switch is actually signaling an alarm.

If is much more difficult to assess the motion sensor. Monitor the output of the motion sensor alarm and verify that it produces an output pulse of 5-volts for every two rotations of the engine crankcase.
If the motion sensor checks out, the next step is to change the engine's fuel supply to a pre-mix 1:50 oil:gas ratio source, and run the engine. You then disassemble the oil pump output hose and check to see if it is actually pumping oil.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]If, after all of these checks, the alarm condition persists, you conclude the alarm module itself is defective and replace the alarm module.[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Last edited:
i have tried everything that faztbullet said except the motion sensor.Im not sure on how to test it.I did run the motor at an idle and unhooked the oil output hose and just drops of oil came out.

Back