Logo

Looking for carb set for 125hp 1985 force plus carb question

Hey guys looking for someone that's has for sale: top and bottom complete carburetors for a 1985 force outboard 125hp model number 1258x5a

Had mine rebuilt and my mechanic says the seats in my top carb isn't good anymore and seats can't be replaced on these motors and my best bet was to find a used set of complete carbs on eBay or somewhere

QUESTION FOR ANYONE THAT KNOWS: I found on eBay a set of carbs for a 1987 force 125hp.. I looked it up on boats.net and the item number for my engine model carbs (both the same; top and bottom) match the item number for the 1987 BOTTOM carb. But the top one was a different item number.

So my question is would I be able to put the bottom carb from the 1987 onto the top on my 1985 cause that's really the only one I need or is it something that bottom has to go on bottom and top has to go on top which would suck because only the bottoms match up

You should be able to just switch out the carbs.
The jets might be different. Just change them.
Why do you think there was a problem.
Most times it just needs a cleaning.

We'll my problem was flooding so I bought some new floats threw them on and set them and it still flooded out so I got a rebuild kit and had my mechanic rebuilt him and he told me the seat is corroded and on these old carbs they're not replaceable.

Do you think I'd be better off replacing top and bottom carbs with the ones I bought on 3bay since they come as a set or should I just replace the old top carb with the new bottom one and change the jets

Back