Logo

Carb flooding

wheyer

I have a 6 hp 4 stroke that the carb overflows (Down the bowl vent tube at top of carb) No amount of cleaning helped. Bought a new carb....same thing. Any thoughts? This happens at idle or high idle. Pukes out fuel every few min. Fuel pump was also changed.
Thanks

I have a 6 hp 4 stroke that the carb overflows (Down the bowl vent tube at top of carb) No amount of cleaning helped. Bought a new carb....same thing. Any thoughts? This happens at idle or high idle. Pukes out fuel every few min. Fuel pump was also changed.
Thanks

I wonder if your crank case inst venting causing extreme vacum/pressure kind of a long shop but try running it with the oil fill cap off!!!!!

I am having a same kind of issue on a 1999 DF40. I replaced the fuel pump inside the vapor separator, Then fuel came out the top vent of the separator. I clamped the hose shut to see how it runs. It idles and runs fine upto 2500 rpm. Above 2500 the engine surges back and forth, it seems that there is plenty of fuel, Why is this design so crazy? why not just a fuel pump and be done with it? I see down in the very bottom of the separtor is a device called a fuel surge. It is $200 part and looks like it should cost $10.00 I also think my float valve is not working and needs to be replaced. How do you remove the float? Is the pin that holds it in screwed in or do I just tap it out.

Back