Logo

1983 Mariner 2hp 2B impeller

dodgeowner1

Hi, I am trying to replace the impeller in my 2hp and do not know how to get the impeller off the drive shaft. Does the shaft remove up from the gear housing? Thank you for your time in advance.

Usually, you pry them up with two screw drivers. Sometimes I have to split the center of the impeller with a sharp chisel if they are seized to the shaft.

Jeff

Sorry let me rephrase this. the upper part of the drive shaft is larger diameter than the lower where the impeller is. I have not been able to figure out if I need to remove the drive shaft from the gear housing. If so, how do I do this.

I just joined this forum and I don't know how to post my own thread with the following question so I will ask you. I need to replace the impeller on a 2 hp mariner. Does the housing and the impeller come off the top of the drive shaft or does the gear box have to be removed? Thanks for any help you can send my way. Or, if I would be better to start my own thread, maybe you would be kind enough to show this old dog how to go about doing so.

Back