Logo

Bf225 #3 10 amp fuse keeps blowing

Brad Webber

The #3 fuse blows almost immediately when turning ignition on. We've tested both relays for continuity and they seem to be fine. Not sure how to go about troubleshooting to find what is causing the fuse to blow. The problem first occurred while engine was running and the engine shut off when the fuse blew. Replaced the fuse and it keeps blowing almost immediately before the engine fires up. Any ideas?

First thing I would do is to unplug the tilt/trim motor then try a new fuse. A short in that motor, or in the T/T relay will blow the #3 fuse. That fuse also feeds a bunch of other things like the Programmed Fuel Injection main relay.

No 3 10 amp fuse loading currant to T/T relay,Ignition WS,All the meters,Warning lights, If you have two engines you can swap the main wire harness from dash board side. just unplug 4 connectors and swap. then try to start with new fuse,if it is same you can confirm the problem is in engine side, the you can go ahead ,for check engine side.
once i had same prob the tach meter had short circuit,surprised meter wire harness got 7.5 amps fuse, but both the fuses (10 and 7.5) blown same time.

it can be short in the Ignition SW. T/T motor work through relay so that load will not come on this 10 amp fuse.but if the relay contact points are stuck that will effect to this fuse.

wajira

Had a problem few years ago blowing fuse it was my fault added connection from automatic retract for trim tabs to fuel gauge so when get turned off would retract trim tabs but extra load on that circuit caused fuse to blow. So has something changed to make fuse blow ? Just my two cents when you find gremlin please let us know

Back