Logo

2001 Johnson 115 Missing after cleaned carbs and new plugs

boglesby

Hey everyone,

I have a 2001 Johnson 115 oceanpro on an 18 foot flatsboat. I was searching google and found this page. This guy had the same exact problem back in 2004 that I have now. The only problem is that there werent any responses. I just took it to the local mechanic, but They had a terrible time trying to get parts in and kept on running up my rates without knowing for sure if the Power pack was the problem. Read the following post below to understand my problem.
icon1.png

Maybe its the stater wheel, and the power pack? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

" Started having problems rece
" Started having problems recently-engine would run fine, then, perioically, would loose power. (wouldnt get over 2000 RPMs) When I had a power loss it would drop RPS to 1800-2000 and once you got any higher than 2000 it would cavitate andsound bad and not push. Also wouldn't crank a couple of times; had to work the throttle under the cowling by hand while trying to start.

Replaced the plugs,cleaned carbs. Same thing still happed.

Mechanic thought powerpack was bad. Repalced pack. Ran fine, statrting issues went away. Ran yesterday and it ran good up till the end of day while running back in had power drop to 1800 then it starting "skipping"/ would jump from 1800 RPMS-5000 or so and back and fourth. Replaced flwheel sensor

Havent tested yet. Also replaced hand bulb on fuel line to make sure I wasn't loosing fuel pressure.... any one have any ideas??/ help !!!
thansk
CM "​

Back