Logo

Who made Mercarbs for Mercury Marine?

Yep, not found one yet, so I thought I would try to find out who makes them. I can get a Rochester reman carb but they're several hundred pounds delivered to the UK.

Here's some pics.....

Attachments

• Carb 1.jpg
    Carb 1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Carb 2.jpg
    Carb 2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Carb 3.jpg
    Carb 3.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 17
Thats about $500 or so USD. Is it the shipping costs? I'm thinking the USD cost for a reman is around $300 or so. Or is it so high because of a core charge?

Thats about $500 or so USD. Is it the shipping costs? I'm thinking the USD cost for a reman is around $300 or so. Or is it so high because of a core charge?

Yes you're right it's both. Two of the many US Carb spe******t's I have written to have come back that they have a piston but when I have asked questions they have both said they are automotive parts and they "should" work, so I could waste £50 inc shipping to find they are rubbish.

We are heading to Homestead, Florida in a few weeks, so I'm now thinking, buy a Rochester reman replacement because most people say they are better carbs, try to find a power piston at one of the salvage yards in Florida, then flog the working Mercarb on eBay to get some money back.

If I could find out who makes them though, I'm sure they must have a part lying around!

PS Can't work out why it doesn't like the word spe******t's???? speshialist - there it's ok if it's spelt incorrectly!?

Last edited:
Back