Logo

2001 Honda 90 HP will not crank

Rcechser

Hi all,

Newbie here and having trouble with my pontoon at the end of last season the ignition switch was loose in the dash I had a hard time getting it tight . Now this year before putting in water I tighten the switch and now it doesn't do anything. The battery is fully charged, all the wires on back of switch are on.I checked the fuse at the batteries and they're good. Where do I start? I have a multimeter just not sure what to do...having a hard time finding a wiring diagram online for this motor. Its in a 22' Starcraft pontoon if that matters. Thanks in advance.

Did you checked voltage on the battery terminals and the starter motor terminal,whether it get voltage. check all the fuses on the motor. check the neutral position for putting control liver forward and neutral. Is the engine trim working by pressing both the switch on the remote control and the side of the engine bottom cover ? while turn on the ignition switch meters lights and two lights on the control are coming on ?

still no answer try to jump the starter solenoid on the starter motor and see if it is cranking.

if you really need the wiring diagram i can mail it.

wajira

Back