Logo

Newbie to the forum

murfman

Regular Contributor
First post!

I am in the process of purchasing a Magnum Marine 27' Sedan powered by twin Chrysler 340s with Volvo 270 outdrives. I'd like build 2 360 Magnum blocks with 4.00" stroker cranks, RHS or Edelbrock heads, and Performer RPM intakes. For Exhaust I'm on the fence between Hi Tek from Australia and the late model Center riser Chrysler manifolds. I'm going to raise the X dimension 3" on the transom and run modified Mercruiser props. Obviously if I go with Aluminum heads and intakes I'll want to run a closed cooling system. My question is can I just use the recirculating pump for the closed part of the system, and the raw water pump to pump water to the other side of the heat exchanger and the exhaust manifolds? It seems like it would be a pretty simple system, but I think I'm missing something..

It's normally done that way. The raw water pump cools the exchanger and exhaust system.

Jeff

PS: That should go like hell, Mate!

Form my research, even saddled with the Volvo 270 or 280 (neither is hydro dynamically great over 60 MPH) with the raised X and 7-800 HP it should push into the low 70s MPH wise.

Back