Logo

1978 115hp Wire diagram and cd box mounts

comet424

Regular Contributor
hi 2 things

1 is does someone have the wire diagram for the 1978 115hp charger engine its 9B8B model. as I think the blue wire from the CD box goes to the blue on the wire hook up side, but I found pics of diagrams but none are like what I have I have the maganum box

2nd question is

those 3 rubber mounted cd box I cant get them easily and they are 30 bucks a piece and I need 3 I tried gluing with marine goop but it doesn't hold the weight, kees ripping out at the metal end

is there a substitute I can do??

ya was on that site none of them are my engine

since the blue distributor wire goes to Blue hook up

none of these wires showing distrubtor to blue .

it looks like motorolla II setup but is the interlock switch built in the distrubtor??

but its not really

off the Distrubtor you have the black white wire going to the CD box then the Blue wire off the distrubtor going to to Blue connection
and then ground

but the image shows 4 wires.

2 wires for interlock switch
the black white wire
and ground

so what setup do I have then???
since its none of those pics

oh ok I just figured Force was a type of model

and yes that's the wiring diagram, I couldn't find that pic

and what does it mean breakerless? that's why I didn't look at them all if it had said 115 hp lol

thanks
so it goes to the blue wire

and what is that interlock switch for ? so it cant start in gear is it?

"and what is that interlock switch for ? so it cant start in gear is it?"

Exactly. Basically a neutral start switch. You don't want the prop turning when you start it.

"and what does it mean breakerless?"

No breaker points to trigger the spark fire.

Last edited:
oh ok it used to start in gear, the little funny L shapped part the lifts up and down for forward and reverse was broken so it would start with the prop going took 2 ppl one to move the shifter and other to look at the engine to find the problem

Back