Logo

Yamaha 3 Cylinder Oil Injection

dugdidit

I’m looking for some help/advise. I have a Suzuki DT25 that I have removed the oil injection from. Basically I unbolted and removed the oiler and pump shaft and covered the hole with a block plates made to fit.

I’ve recently picked up a 1997 Yamaha 30hp 3 cylinder that has factory oil injection on it and want to remove it as well. I’m assuming it will be a very similar process? However, I was told that I had to drill/tap the oil injection ports and plug the holes??

Has anyone else done this and would you mind sharing what all needs to be done?

I would assume so. I have zero problems with my Zuke. And have heard of others that have removed it from Yamaha's with no problems. In fact the 25hp 3 cylinder does not even offer oil injection.

I've heard of too many people having them run too lean and causing a failure. We like to make modifications to these motors to get a little more out of them, so removing the oiler allows us to maintain a more consistent oil to fuel ratio.

I guess the simplest fix would be to order a 25hp 3 cylinder intake, since the 25hp Yamaha's did not come with oil injection. Then I would not have the oil injection ports to deal with.

However, I have 40hp Tohatsu carb’s, I guess they would still bolt up??

Back