Logo

water in #4 cylinder on mercruiser 3.0

hypersniper2010

ive done a search and im still a bit confused as to what to look for. I have a mercruiser 3.0 I/O and am getting water in my #4 cylinder and its hydrolocking my motor. I am also getting water in the oil too somehow. I have pulled the manifold and checked inside the head ports and see no kind of cracks or rust scale. I have looked in the manifold and I did notice a hole in the rounded part of the manifold that seperates the water from the exhaust. cooling jacket I assume. ok with that said im confident that it is where my water is coming from but then how does it get into my oil pan ? motor ran great prior to finding this.

the riser/elbow should NOT have visable holes in it. water fouls the plug, cylinder dosent fire and the water gets past the rings

ok so I found a good manifold, same exact thing as the one I took off in excellent condition with a carb and riser for $50.00 and there is NO hole in it where there is one in mine so I think im good to go. gonna do a couple oil/filter changes on it and (fingers crossed) hopefully that's all it was and nothing more major. anything else I should check for or do ??? thanks

ok so now that I have a good manifold and have drained the oil and water out how do I get the rest of the water out of the block and other passages... I have heard diesel or trans fluid but am unsure of the best method..

ok so now that I have a good manifold and have drained the oil and water out how do I get the rest of the water out of the block and other passages... I have heard diesel or trans fluid but am unsure of the best method..

Ayuh,... Just fill it with fresh oil, 'n Run it,....
At temp, the remainin' water will steam off, Disappear,....

Back