Logo

2008 150 pulsing

grmaro

Contributing Member
History
all fuel filters changed low-pressure, high-pressure, and 10-micron from fuel tank, new thermostat's, oil & filter and gear case oil plugs are good.
Engine runs up to 4000 RPM'S than starts pulsing and won't go over also new fuel line and bulb pumps up hard.

Question: is there a screen on the high speed pump ???
ANY IDEA'S WOULD HELP I'M LOST
Sincerely
Greg

I have a 200 and the high pressure pump sits in the vst and actually sits on a screen filter..mine had a bunch of crud in it. I'm thinking your 150 has a similar set up

Did this engines run with dirty fuel? What is the running hrs of this engines ? Yes 150 also got same as 200 vapor separator unit with some mountings changed, But fuel pump is different, it got same fuel pump insulator with under screen filter, before opening prepare this plastic insulator and O-ring,because while opening many time it broke this plastic sometime its stuck, and the o-ring cant re use.
In this case,Hope you are sure with fuel starvation, No any buzzer Or any light in the panel board, because i had post same problem but that is over heating after 4000rpm. after 4000rpm it is pulsing due to safe mode cylinder cut off.

wajira

7.jpg this was the insulator which i removed from one of 225 Hp engine, it was badly stuck and that how it come out,

wajira

Hello
Skooter & wajira

2008 150HP 190Hrs
Fuel was dirty originally a year & 1/2 ago but has since been cleaned and I only use non-ethanol with (valve-tech) going to or next project check screen on fuel pump and go from there hoping that's it will keep you'll informed.
Sincerely
Greg

Hello everyone UPDATE
First Thank You Hondadude Skooter wajira
I took the fuel pump and vst tank off the engine took it broke it down the fine screen's on the fuel pump were very dirty and half clogged and the vst tank was dirty and crud in it cleaned everything with brake fluid and then with marine gas all back together installed on engine went for a ride runs like new again what a relief!!!
I find it amazing with three filter's before pump and vst tank that all the dirt I found got past the filter's.

Thank You'all again

Greg

Back