Logo

Getting beeps on Honda 200

your engine is very old and the those i post engines frame numbers start from 140...., 34750-ZY2-013 number ECU also use same old type sensor.
so no prob you have old ECU and Old sensor. Honda japan replaced all the old type ECU -013, -304, -A02,-A03 are under warranty. all those ECU are work with same old type sensor.

But only A04 ECU fix with new type sensor and exhaust manifold.

Did you manage to clean and loose the butterfly ,mostly its got stuck if some of water come with intake air and butterfly valve get rust.it can make loose by opening all the parts and clean.
The IAB(intake air bypass) is work at Open -close 3950 rpm and close to open 3750 rpm.

Yes, it was a previous issue where they were stuck closed,I freed them..so if I have an old ecu and old sensor I'm ok...but what if I fix the exhaust issue? Will I need to change everything? I'm not sure if I had the sb56 done on it, is this something Honda does for free?

If you want to work with exhaust, you have to change ECU (A04) And exhaust upgrade kit ( New type manifold,new type sensor,gaskets and o rings ) it will come as a kit under one part number.

That exhaust upgrade issue Honda does under warranty but i don't know your engine cover under that.

this all the changes Honda does because of O2 sensor failure but i dnt think so it is fixed,even after so many changes,sensor cant hold long time.they are failing.....!

Okay, so my vacuum line was disconnected, I reset ecm and still got the code for O2 sensor. I replaced sensor and it fixed the problem.Thanks for all the help. BTW would a bad O2 sensor cause engine to run rich?

O2 sensor is a feedback sensor to correct the A/F ratio.at idle and low rpm it is more important to correct the A/F ratio so combustion will be perfect at WOT need more fuel so that time O2 sensor signals just ignore and work on the more power that's why buzzer will go off at WOT that time ECU supply max fuel ratio . so when sensor is fail ECM cant get correct feedback, it will supply max fuel at idle and low rpm also.engine will run with rich mixture A/F ratio, will have bad exhaust rough idle more fuel consumption.

After so many modification this sensor continue to fail so who has too old engines(out of 5 year warranty) they don't like to pay so much of money on this. for this if somebody wants cancel this sensor and get away from nonstop buzzer,Honda has a replacement kit that will cancel the O2 sensor. it include new ECU,and adapter for sensor port. But we haven't seen it yet.

wajira

O2 sensor is a feedback sensor to correct the A/F ratio.at idle and low rpm it is more important to correct the A/F ratio so combustion will be perfect at WOT need more fuel so that time O2 sensor signals just ignore and work on the more power that's why buzzer will go off at WOT that time ECU supply max fuel ratio . so when sensor is fail ECM cant get correct feedback, it will supply max fuel at idle and low rpm also.engine will run with rich mixture A/F ratio, will have bad exhaust rough idle more fuel consumption.

After so many modification this sensor continue to fail so who has too old engines(out of 5 year warranty) they don't like to pay so much of money on this. for this if somebody wants cancel this sensor and get away from nonstop buzzer,Honda has a replacement kit that will cancel the O2 sensor. it include new ECU,and adapter for sensor port. But we haven't seen it yet.

wajira

My plugs were black (running rich) and buzzer would only stay on at idle..When full throttle buzzer would not got off.

Back