Logo

gas pressure

seymour1

on 1991 90hp primer bulb will not build pressure, I changed the gas line and brass fitting at the tank, did not solve it, how do I find where the problem is?

So it is now a brand new hose assembly, never used yet? The air in the bulb will have to get out of there so gas can get in. If the float valves in the carburetors are closed, there is nowhere for the air to go. Try unplugging it from the motor connector and hold the check valve down in the end of the hose side connector while you pump the bulb. (Hint: hold the bulb vertical with flow direction pointing up. That will use gravity to work on the one-way valves in the bulb.)

Thank you that was helpful, it did build pressure and now back to square one, the reason I replaced the hose is I loose pressure when the engine runs for a couple of minutes, is it taking air some where?

the suction tube was inspected already, so I decided to remove the cover and follow the gas lines, it turns out that a line at the bottom of the gas pump was loose. thank you all for your inputs.

Back