Logo

Alarm at throttle control help '92 70 hp Nissan NS7082

arkansasbowman

I have a '92 Nissan 70hp NS7082

The water pump was replaced a month ago and has a strong steady stream when running. Obviously this is not a oil injection system, just a pre-mix.

We just bought the Pontoon and it runs great, we ran it twice before buying. BUT when we went to pick it up and load it to bring it home. Instantly the Alarm, as I know it no or low water pressure was coming on. It had not done this in the previous two times we actually ran it.

It seems very intermitent as I was doing some work on it at the house and it never came on, yesterday however it came back on. It seems like it kicks on off, trying to explain it best I can, I have played around with the high idle lever and sometimes that kicks it off. Sometimes the alarm goes off for a second then comes back on. It's like a bad sensor or maybe bad wiring. Again water pressure is extremely good.

Any ideas how or what is causing the alarm to go off. As far I can remember the alarm is only for low water pressure? Is there adjustments, on the throttle control just in front of the key position there is another connection, have no idea what that is but the rubber gromment has come off. I even forget what the black top turning knob on top is for. Any ideas or help very appreciated.

FYI, the alarm even comes on once you turn the key but not even start the motor, if this makes any more sense

thanks again

Really appreciate the diagram, I will do some testing tonight. But motor ran perfect yesterday and again perfect outlet water flow. So will be looking at sensor and wiring for it. Like I mentioned the alarm comes on instantly even before motor is started. So has to be faulty wiring or sensor or you would think LOL
smile.png
. Hoping the wiring matches the diagram so I can easily locate the sensor on the motor.

Last edited:
Okay, hit the house, with your help and Diagram pvanv it was simple to find my sensor. Disconnect Blue and went to turn key to on but NOT start position and alarm was sounding, like normal as this problem continues :D Anyhow I guess the next thing is pulling the throttle assembly and see if there is anything obvious right at the alarm itself. Sound like the right road to take ???
Thanks

There's a short to ground somewhere. The sender provides ground to trigger the horn.

That was what I am thinking. While tracing and looking within the Eng. compartment it appears everything is fine there. It does not travel far, approx. 4 -5" before entering the main harness tubing with all other wires heading to the throttle control. So going to take the Throttle control apart and see what I have there. Common sense tells me since that since it has many moving parts it more apt to be where my wire issue is.

Back