Logo

pt-130 CMC tilt trim lift 7050 actuator motor problem

rob brew

i have a pt-130 CMC 7050 actuator motor that i burned out the part that holds the brushes on to the armeture. the rest of the motor checks out fine. i just need the brush holder assy. i can't seem to find any one that will sell the parts. CMC will rebuild it but i only want the part. do you have any sugestions

CMC probably does not make their own motors, but rather purchases them from a spe******t manufacturer like API. If you can determine the manufacturer, then you can likely find the parts or the replacement motor. I've done this in the past with a Honda tilt/trim motor and got a perfect replacement from API at one third the price Honda wanted to charge. It may take a good bit of online research, but the savings and availability may be well worth it.

ok thank you, i will look forthe manufacturer to night. i know that i can get a new motor, just hate to when all i need is this one piece.

Rob, the motor just went out in mine. how did you go about taking it apart all those bolts are a little intimidating. i have been trying to find an internal diagram but have not had any luck. thanks for any help.

thanks, it was a hope, not much more. i appreciate thy reply. i got the motor out, seems i need the same thing as he did. not having any luck, going to re-machine the top cap to hold available brush holders and brushes.

Back