Logo

'96 Crusader 502 XLi Fuel Injectors...

mapandjlp

All:

I'm working through freshening my 502s as they'd sat for quite some time before I purchased the boat last year. I'm considering replacing the fuel injectors and sending the originals out for rebuild to have as spares. I've read that the Napa injectors 217058-A are direct replacements for the Crusader 47031s. Anyone have direct experience with this?

Cheers!
Mark

All:

I'm working through freshening my 502s as they'd sat for quite some time before I purchased the boat last year. I'm considering replacing the fuel injectors and sending the originals out for rebuild to have as spares. I've read that the Napa injectors 217058-A are direct replacements for the Crusader 47031s. Anyone have direct experience with this?

Cheers!
Mark

Not on the 502's but I do on 454's. The injector PPH is all dictated by what the fuel pressure is. You need to check your fuel pressure currently, Then pull a injector and have it flow tested. This is the only true way to know if the Napa injectors will work. I never had the original injectors to use as a base test. If you have originals and they flow, I would just have those cleaned and flowed. GM does not make them anymore. If you must use the Napa injector, that one is like a 90PPH injector at 13PSI ....at 18 PSI fuel pressure it is about a 98 PPH injector.

If you have the 30PSI fuel pressure system then your injectors will not be as big as this Napa injector you listed and will be closer to 61PPH injector which will still make around 98PPH with 30PSI fuel pressure. But I am told the BBC did not go to this 30PSI systems only the 350's.

Back