Logo

Honda marine carburetion manual anyone? TM044 pics?

tugcapitan

Hi everyone,
I've discovered Honda Canada cannot order TM044 manual. Their parts list won't even find it!
Of course one can buy it on EBAY, but I've left it so late that the estimated shipping time from the states, clearing customs into Canada ect, it wouldn't arrive until after my vacation when I need it. Not
Any kind souls (Hondadude?) who have that manual; I sure would appreciate a message or posting with some diagrams or pages that would be helpful to me while replacing idle screw set, jet set and float valve ect, and also trying to clean out all of the "secret passages" on my 2002 BF9.9D.
Thanks much everybody!

P.S. I also tried clicking the posted links to Helm for this manual, and although directed to their site, it always said this page or item unavailable?

You can buy it here... V ...and get it pretty much as soon as you want. They can overnight it for a "small" fee :D
V
http://www.amazon.com/Honda-Marine-...merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1403413797&sr=1-12

Copying pages from my manual would require me to "disassemble" it and scan it in order to provide you with anything that would be remotely legible. This wouldn't work very well for three reasons...one is that many of the "pictures" are black and white and just don't "translate" well because of the shading and "shadowy" look. The other is that the coolest and most educational feature of the manual is that it contains color illustrations of the carburetor's passageways that depict how fuel and air flows throughout the body. These are invaluable to someone that is doing this for the first time. I've never done color anything with my scanner or "paint brush". You don't want to miss out on THAT!

Hey JD!
i looked at that. 5-10 days shipping with no option for speedier delivery. Probably because of customs at the border? 5 days would be good, but even 6 days will miss the boat... Kind of an expensive miss if its later than 5 days. $63 for manual and $30 for regular shipping... Hmmm

Sorry can not send copies of manuals due to copywrite issues and dealer agreement. I do not own the company and I do not want to affect our relationship with Honda.

However, one easy and quick solution would be to just purchase a new carburetor from a local dealer. In the US, we can get a new carburetor in two days normally....and can overnight if the customer wishes. Honda overnight fees are pretty reasonable.

The carburetor runs about $142 US and you can just pop it on and not have to deal with the pressure of getting the motor ready for vacation.

Mike

Hey Mike,
thanks for chiming in, and no worries, totally understand. The thing about a new carb is, I'm a stubborn fellow, and I'm determined to do this. Not to mention I ordered $172 in parts of which some are carb jets, float valve, idle screw set, gaskets ect, and they just cleared customs in Canada so I'm praying they'll be here this week before I leave next Sunday. Jgmo Jim had kindly offered to help via email, and I may even be able to find a way to get the manual sent faster. Unfortunately honda doesn't offer anything but regular mail to canada.
I WILL get this done, and have to admit I'm looking forward to it almost as much as the fishing :)
John

Back