Logo

Yamaha Stern Drive Impeller

got2gozaney

I just purchased my first boat and it has a MerCruiser 5.0 and a Yamaha Stern Drive. It is not cooling well so I would like to replace the thermostat and the impeller. I noticed it has a water pump on the front of the engine but want to know if the out drive has a separate impeller in the lower end by the water inlets where you attached the ear muffs.

I have found little to no videos and blogs about the Yamaha Stern Drives.

Yamaha went into the sterndrive market for a short while.

Thank you, that explains the lack of information on the net. Does any one know if the Yamaha stern drives have an impeller in the bottom end for fresh water?

I would kill for a diagram, or some step by step for replacement. So far I got the lower unit off, the housing on the shaft off, but don't know how to get the shaft out. It appears to be a pressed in bearing holding it there.

Try on ------------boats.net-----------se what you find there.------------May just be a circulating pump on the block and a raw seawater pump on a bracket.

Try on ------------boats.net-----------se what you find there.------------May just be a circulating pump on the block and a raw seawater pump on a bracket.

Thank you! It is a seawater pump on the engine. I'm glad too because MerCruiser parts should be a lot easier to locate than the Yamaha.

Back