Logo

Please Help! 1990 "C" 50hp Force (won't start)

Glennskie

Hello, I am new here and I don't know the first thing about outboard motors! We took our pontoon boat out for a spin after we replaced the starter on it, I fired it up at the house with the water ears so water was going thru it and it cranked up and started after the 3rd try, we then took it to the river and put it in the water and it didn't start, so me thinking I was a mechanic I wanted to see if it was getting fuel when I squeezed the bulb and when I tried pulling hose off at the elbow where it goes into carb, it broke as it was brittle and part of it is still screwed in where it broke :(. I ordered a new elbow to have it replaced, is there anything else that should be ordered with it?
Getting back to helping me getting it started, is there any ideas, and it was serviced and ran great prior to the starter burning out, thanks and looking for help...

Since the hose is old. Replace it.
Also clean the carb and install a filter between the pump and carb.
Wally world G-2 or G-12 in the auto section.

Since the hose is old. Replace it.Also clean the carb and install a filter between the pump and carb.Wally world G-2 or G-12 in the auto section.

Hey thanks so much for reaching our Jerry! On the filter you said to replace, do I just go and search filters under carbs for my engine?

Back