Logo

2 stroke 5hp gas tank crack.

PiDGE

Hello all. Was wondering if anyone knows of a place I can order a gas tank for my engine. Noticed fuel on the garage floor the other day and was shocked to find a hair line crack leading up from the little nipple that the fuel flows to at the bottom if the tank. I tryed to backyard repair it with some JB Weld, but four days later and she's developed a leak again. Motor has run mint and is kept in the basement during the winter months. Probably has less than 30 hours on it so I was shocked to say the least. I'm in Ontario Canada if that helps. There was a dealer in Oakville that felt in these motors, but has closed up shop. I've delt with someone here before from Buffalo. That's where I bought my manual and garden hose adaptor from in the past. Just hoping someone has some insight as to where I can get a new tank. Thanks.

Pidge.

Hi Paul. I do believe it was you I got a shop manual and a garden hose adaptor from a few years back. Motor runs perfectly still. Is the tank new? Dose it come with a new cap and the nipple at the bottom? Ill get post up the exact model in a few miniuts also so you can confirm. Thanks.

Pidge.

Paul can you give me some contact info? I've lost your number. Thanks.

Pidge.

***Ignore the last post. Thanks again Paul, Greg.

Last edited:
Back