Logo

Motor Guide Stealth 300

Reacon

Brand new to the forum, just swing by to say hello also have a question, Just purchased a Trolling Motor, never use one before. Purchased from a lady kayak'er she said it was about 8-10 years old and never had a problem. I paid $50.00 and tried it out in my garage hooked up to a 12 volt battery, seem to function ok. Problem is the main control on top is pointed the same way the prop is, now how do I go about turning it in the right direction. Cant wait to try this out. I have a brand new 12v battery(not deep cycle) but should be ok to try. Anyways your help on this matter would be great. Thanks, Bryan.

http://borismarine.com/images/sf300.pdf?osCsid=7bc6f8bbeddb477cc1afbb37e17b844d...this is a parts breakdown...i see a set screw along with the usual muts and washers that attach the head to the shaft...it should be fairly simple to reverse the head by turn it 180 degrees with everything loose...if they used locktite then it may be a little touchy...i assume it a hand control model and the previous user was using it on the transom and you want to use it on the bow?

call MotorGuide at 920-929-5040 for Technical Support....

thanks...I called and they told me that the top of the handle has to be removed and there is a set screw inside that lets you remove the top and turn in the right position....Thanks for your response.

Thanks so much so much papyson...its just what I was looking for and will be a great reference if I ever have other problems......Thks Bryan

Back