Logo

90hp tldi = is the fuel connector valved

Bj S Etc

My engine is too new to buy the 09 service manual so don't advise that.
My mechanic is in ICU and I got my boat out via his girlfriend. Thought it was summerized but fuel line was loose. Missing female line to engine component. Started and ran then stalled. Now doesn't fire like out of gas with line hooked to male engine component because line female component nowhere to be found. next nearest service is 100 miles away. I ordered the female line side component. what are the odds that solves my problem!

So, is your model 90B or 90C2? As always, year is irrelevant for servicing Tohatsu/Nissan outboards, but model/serial is everything. Likewise, the year of the Factory service manual is unimportant -- but you do want the appropriate manual for the model you will service. There is indeed a manual for the 75/90C, BTW, but I doubt you need it to connect the fuel primer line.

Both the fuel connectors at the motor (the F fitting on the hose and the M fitting on the cowl) have spring-loaded check valves, just like all quick connect fittings on all outboards from all manufacturers.

How did you cobble up your hose to the motor? If you just clamped the bare hose to the male connector, you are not allowing fuel past the check valve on the motor. Install the correct connector (why was it removed in the first place?), and if that is all that was missing, prime the fuel and you should be OK.

Thanks, Paul.
I have no idea why the female connector was removed in the first place, but the new one is on and I'm up and running.

Back