Logo

93 OMC cobra 5.0 EFI

Jesse Rimmer

I just recently purchased boat, I took it out once and it ran great, with no problems. The second time taking it out, i the boat would not accelerate past 1800 RPMS, it almost felt like there was a rev limitor stopping it. It would reach 1800 RPMS jerk back, go right back up to 1800 RPMS and jerk back again. I'm in the process of replacing the fuel filter, but I'm trying to change the spark plugs but I am having a hard time taking them off with the exhaust manifold in the way. Any suggestions? Thank you

I just recently purchased boat, I took it out once and it ran great, with no problems. The second time taking it out, i the boat would not accelerate past 1800 RPMS, it almost felt like there was a rev limitor stopping it. It would reach 1800 RPMS jerk back, go right back up to 1800 RPMS and jerk back again. I'm in the process of replacing the fuel filter, but I'm trying to change the spark plugs but I am having a hard time taking them off with the exhaust manifold in the way. Any suggestions? Thank you

Ayuh,.... I'm bettin' it's the fuel filter, or more correctly, Crud in it,....

You can either pull the manifolds, or try grindin' down yer spark plug socket,.....

Ayuh,.... I'm bettin' it's the fuel filter, or more correctly, Crud in it,....

You can either pull the manifolds, or try grindin' down yer spark plug socket,.....

Ok, so I purchased a 5/8th spark plug socket with a swivel and it worked. so I have now replaced all my spark plugs and replaced the fuel filter. It still cuts out at 1800 RPMS. what I have noticed now is, my oil idles around 40, when I reach 1800 my oil pressure on my gauge reaches up to 60, not sure if its normal, but at 1800 it still cuts out and I almost here like a hissing noise or some sort of pressure relief, not sure if my engine has that. Any other thing I can change? im thinking about replacing my distributor cap next, and maybe my plugs. im pretty sure its not an electrical issue. I talk to a buddy and he thinks it can be one of the injectors.

Back