Logo

To worry or not????

bmdakk

Ok 86 model e50belcde, had a pretty strong stream coming out of the pee hole( not sure of the correct term), but since I just aquired the motor and it had been sitting for the last couple years, I decided to change the impeller, and thermostat. It would get hot a couple days ago so figured it was the thermostat. I changed the thermostat and took the lower unit off today and replaced the impeller. got it all back together and started it up and let it run in a 50 gallon drum for of water with some simple green in it to try and clean it out. the thermostat was real dirty. anyway, now back to the question, after I got it started and ran it at an idle, i kept putting my hand on the head to see if it was still overheating. It got hat and then it cooled off. so thermo is working, However the stream coming out the pee hole is not a trickle but is definately weaker than what I had before I changed the impeller and thermo. Should I be worried or as long as I have water coming out will it be OK? I flushed it again after the simple green bath with clean water and the stream never got any stronger. It doesnt change that much either if I bump up the throttle. I checked and double check the impeller and put it back in the same way the old one came out. Im confused. any suggestions or an easement of my mind. Thanks

Oh and Also should water be coming out of the exhaust relief below the lower cowl? not alot but it does splash a little out of it.

those p holes get stopped up with insects etc....run a piece of wire in it while th motor is running and see if the stream improves...before you do anything make sure the motor is not actually running hot....put a finger on the head and see if you can hold it to a count of 6...

Yes I can hold a finger on it. My concern was the pressure of the pee hole. It is not as strong as it was before I replaced the thermostat and impeller.

Back