Logo

Help 93 e' 115.

kscoonass

I have a 93 115 evinrude and am having some issues with idle after boat comes to temperature. The previous owner removed the oil injection but the VRO pump remains on the motor. When first cranked, the engine idles well and will go in and out of gear fine. After running for a while, the boat will not idle and takes for ever, if at all to plane (even when i pump bulb back up). I was instructed by my dealer to remove VRO and replace with vacuum pump # 438559. The oil line inlet has been plugged with a hose and bolt and the alarm disconnected. To get the boat to crank after it's warm, I have to crank it with throttle forward and pull it back into nuetral and hurry into gear to keep it from dying. I have ran seafoam through the engine and can do it again if need be. I just need some help. Please? Any advice will be well taken.

Spark plugs should be Champion QL77JC4 plugs, gapped at either .030 or .040 .

When this problem is taking place... remove all spark plugs, do a compression test, then check the spark.

The compression should be approximately 100+ psi and fairly even on all cylinders. What do you find?

The spark (with all s/plugs removed) should jump a 7/16" gap with a strong blue lightning like flame... a real SNAP! What do you have?

Back