Logo

Vapor Separator Tank (VST) - Fuel Pump Filter, Help Needed

BlackMoon

Hoping someone on this forum might be able to provide some advise. Is checking the fuel pump filter a simple process of dropping the VST tank, inspecting the filter, cleaning or replacing the filter? Are there other VST, fuel pump or float parts I should check while the tank is removed? (Are there other parts I should be prepared to check and replace?) Any advise in this regard would really be appreciated. Thank you, BlackMoon

I have an '02 F115 and getting to the VST tank and filter is a pain on that engine. I've had to change that filter twice in the past 3 years thanks to ethanol. You can clean that filter and the tank with carb spray but for the price, if I'm going in that deep to get to it, I'll put a new one in and save the old. 1st time I didn't change the gasket on the top of the VST tank. I pulled the gasket and cleaned everything well then used it again. 2nd time I bought a new one and replaced it as it was quite compressed and I wasn't sure of its ability to seal anymore. IF your VST tank is burried, at the same time you change that VST filter, change all other in-lines that lead up to it and use a clear glass bottle to hand-squeeze plenty of fuel through so you make sure you've fluched everything out that could be in the lines.

Back