Logo

OMC crossreference? Engine Size, make, Outdrive? Please help!

Splbuilder

Hi all, I've been looking everywhere online for help with this and this seems to be the place to go. Hoping someone here can help me. The engine I have is a 1989/1990 OMC 5.0 with OMC outdrive. I can't find HP numbers, or even the make of the engine. I'm guessing it's a Chevy 305 with a 2 barrel carb. I have no idea what series/size the outdrive is. Could someone help point me in the right direction? I need to do a gimbal bearing, bellows, and tune up asap. Thank you n advance for anyone that can help!

Boat is a 1990 Chris Craft Concept 197
Engine MOD.# 502BPRMED SER. No. T1110780
Outdrive MOD. NO. 985687 SER. No. T0638238

Thank You
Jeff
Cincinnati

Thanks hystat for your response, really do appreciate it. Can you advise please how you know it is a Chevy block? I found a post on iboats where someone has the exact same boat as mine but claims it is a 302 Ford with over 200 HP. Then I found another post stating it is a 305 Chevy at 160 HP. I realize that I can get parts with the Model number, but wouldn't you like to know what you have in your own boat besides OMC Model # 502BPRMED?

Thanks again,
Jeff

502BPRMED is a Ford 302 cubic inch engine. 160HP at prop or 175HP if you have the HO version.
What i don't know, is whether 502BPRMED is regular or HO- oddly they both have 2 BBL carburetors.
Here's the original brochure from 89

Back