Logo

Gear housing and seal

View attachment 9102so I use a punch from the other side and it will come straight up? If you can see the brass color ring around out side of seal kinda looks like some kind of c-clip or a retainer.It is solid all around.This is what worrys me.I respect what you are saying. I don't mean to second guess. This is a press fit? should come straight up and out?

????-----Use a wee punch and drive the seal out !!!!!

View attachment 9108View attachment 9109View attachment 9110
It came out like you said it would.I have another question the number on the parts are the same but they are different. the larger one on left is the one I want to replace with the one on the right. The housing has depth equal to the old one and sits almost flush. the new one will not.also it is inclosed. Should I use it and drive it to the bottom. i don't like the difference in size

Looks like a 303050 housing with a brass type 302564 seal. What engine is that out of (hp/yr)?

Hi Jo, I ordered the housing and the seal togeather.The housing is in bad shape so I need one any way.I was not really ready to buy one but it happened to go back and forth with parts in the mail.I have the right model number. 28202 c. What the c stands for I dont know. I am replacing the seal under the water pump that is bad. I took it apart and peaked to see which way the veins were...3 one way and the other 3 the other way.Wow now I could use help on what direction they need to be.I couldnt see the seal yet I was called to leave the house.I wanted to respond to every one because of respect trying to help me. thanks nick

Model 28202C is a 1962 28hp Evinrude. The "C" is simply a factory casting number of no importance or consequence.

To my knowledge, the brass lined seal #302564 has been superceded up to the newer type seal #313285 which you have pictured. It would simply press in flush with the spring side facing the reverse gear.

Model 28202C is a 1962 28hp Evinrude. The "C" is simply a factory casting number of no importance or consequence.

To my knowledge, the brass lined seal #302564 has been superceded up to the newer type seal #313285 which you have pictured. It would simply press in flush with the spring side facing the reverse gear.

Thanks again Jo, Good morning, I ordered parts,Give me a day or two to get back to it. I have a few important things to do first. I appreciate your help

Most important thing... get my name right (Joe)... Jo is a girls name and I don't wear a dress! :)

Joe I am all set. The new housing and seal came in. So far no water in lower unit.I ran it in a plastic 55 gallon drum for a good 10 minutes. I will be on the water for fathers day.Thanks

View attachment 9108View attachment 9109View attachment 9110
It came out like you said it would.I have another question the number on the parts are the same but they are different. the larger one on left is the one I want to replace with the one on the right. The housing has depth equal to the old one and sits almost flush. the new one will not.also it is inclosed. Should I use it and drive it to the bottom. i don't like the difference in size

Racerone Thanks for your help. I am all set

Back