Logo

25 hp Johnson sea horse

jdeller

My motor starts first time, but when I am on the water after running and shutting off it has trouble starting. Motor turns over and almost starts. When I try it at my house it will start over and over first time ever time. What do you think the issue is?

Hmm This motor is a carb right?? My thought could be that maybe your float isn't adjust right. So when your on land it floats right where it needs too. Whereas when your in the water it doesnt. Just an idea though

My motor starts first time, but when I am on the water after running and shutting off it has trouble starting. Motor turns over and almost starts. When I try it at my house it will start over and over first time ever time. What do you think the issue is?

I am no expert but here is what i think. It shouldn't mater home or on the water. The timing when motor gets hot will be some concern. Last year I was impressed with the help you can get here on this forum. Set the gap between the points with a multimeter. Mine starts on a click of the key. Hope this helps.

I agree, it shouldn't matter at home or on the water. I can run it at home 20 min then let it sit 30 min then it starts first try every time, but not on the water?

What is the model number? Have you messed with the slow needle adjustment sounds like it is running a little rich on the idle air adjustment? When it happens pull the plugs and pull the rope a few times the see if she fires up?

e28esccr, my motor has an evinrude mounting bracket. I haven't messed with slow needle adjustment, I'll take it to the lake and give it a try, thanks

Thanks for the replies, and thanks kimcrwbr1, I did what you said on the slow needle and it seemed to work! I didn't have any trouble starting the motor. Thanks again!

Back