Logo

What are ballpark parts values for 1990 Force 120 hp L-drive

dazk14

Contributing Member
We will be parting out a 1990 120HP Force L-drive and I can see from ebay, there are some decent value components.

Is it best to strip down to short block, or leave the exhaust manifold, electronics, carbs still on it.

If I am correct, the crank spline is different than a outboard force, but I was not able to see a single ebay listing for the motor, besides a $6,000 complete reman unit- which is silly.

Low hour fresh water motor, the lower was off and has issues. Everything else is excellent.

Could folks weigh in with the the specific components and their ballpark value.

Thanks!

Just break it down and list it on e-bay or Craigslist.
Figure out how much you have and how much you need from the stuff.
I saw an add for an exhaust manifold. They are NLA and this guy had you by the butt if you needed it.
He was asking for $1000 for a unit that sold for $300 originally.
I sell remans for 1500-1600.

Thanks Jerry.

Does $950 with the exhaust manifold sound like a reasonable starting point for stripped powerhead. Ebay has exhaust manifolds for $200, but adds risk of broken bolts.

Being a business, we only need what it's worth - less ~$20% to move volume...There are ~100 others waiting in line. 1st Force L-Drive teardown.

What's good compression on these motors? It easily lit off raw Seafoam (no fuel), so I'm guessing these run 135+.

Back