Logo

replacement part

trice

I have a 1979 Evinrude and the shifter shaft broke. The part (#0321934) is no longer available, is there any other models that will enterchange with it? The 82 model uses part # 0320172 and it looks close but I don't want to order if it will not work.

It is the shift lever item #7 on the 79 and item 11 on the 82 that are different.-------Big bulb on one gearcase and smaller on the 82 I believe.

My engine is a 70 HP witha 20" transom. i don't know any details on the 82 model that I spoke of, that was a number that was sujested when I called MarnieEngine.com.

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/johnson-evinrude-parts.php?year=1979&hp=70&model=70973R
If you look at the difference between the shor and the long gearboxes they are mechanically different in the shift lever toe short shaft hase the 82 number you gave and it also has a cradel for the shift shaft yours doesnt. I couldnt find your part anywhere but if you call seaway if they dont have it no one does. You may want to consider changing the shift lever also as it may have caused the shaft to break?

I just called seaway and I guess I am SOL, they didn't have one. I do appriciate the input.

Your local blacksmith / machine shop should be able to make that part.--Are there any of those around still ??---Your location is ??

Back