Logo

2001 225 ox66 stalling

Sonofafish

So last trip went was 60 miles to destination. About 40 miles out it just stalled? It fired right back up and made it all the way. Thought maybe i pulled on the kill switch lanyard, was hoping actually. No issues all day running around the island. On our way to barn died at about 10 miles, fired right up made it a mile or so, died. The longer we let it rest the further we'd make it after starting. Did this til 20 mi of port but just kept getting worse. So fired up the kicker and made it 10 miles before vessel asist got to us. Anyway just changed all fuel filters. Water separator, element filter looked fine but VST was clogged, tried blowing into it and no flow until I blew a little more and cleared it out. So I thought that was it and intalled a new one. Tried it today with almost certainty It was good, but nope only went about 2 miles then started happening. I tried squeezing the primer bulb while out there and afted a few pumps it would stay squezed? When I got home,after another tow, I tried the bulb again with the cover off and it worked like normal, I could see the flow in the element filter which was just a little low and hear the vst filling up. It filled up and the bulb got hard. So next I'm gonna try the low pressure fuel pumps but I read somewhere that if the bulb got hard and there most likely ok? Anyway, I just wanted to see what anyone can tell me based on all this info here in my short story. Does it sound like the pumps? Could it be the primer bulb? Should I have replaced the element filter even though it wasnt restricted it all.. I almost passed out testing it, not too smart! I hope its not the main pump in the vst but could it be. Oh yeah, I cleaned the oxygen sensor out but it wasnt bad the sensor itself was clean and dry , a little gunk on the sniffer though. Thanks for ANY help or info out there guys!! Be safe!

Removed the low pressure pumps without disconnecting hoses. Squeezed primer bulb and bottom pump leaking. Will replace all 3 and test again

Back