Logo

Minn kota 70 thrust edge loss of power

jcrenfroe

I just purchased and had a 70 thrust minn kota edge put on my bass tracker. I had the boat set up for 24volt system. It worked good with good power and I have used it three times. I used it the last three days and it feels as though when I use it is running almost on the power setting of 1 when I have it on 5. Is it possible that it is running on one battery? also I have the fuse set up on it if this was blown it would not operate. I have a 2 bank charger 0n the boat, and I have my cranking battery and 2 deep cycle marine batteries. Do I need a 3 bank charger. Thank for anyone who may help me,

i assume you have a cranking battery that is isolated from the trolling motor batteries and the trolling motor batteries are hooked in series...disconnect the wire that connects the trolling motor batteries and give the two batteries a good charge...overnight charge...then hook the wire back up and see if the trolling motor performs correctly..if it does then you have a charging problem...please get back to us at this point..

i assume you have a cranking battery that is isolated from the trolling motor batteries and the trolling motor batteries are hooked in series...disconnect the wire that connects the trolling motor batteries and give the two batteries a good charge...overnight charge...then hook the wire back up and see if the trolling motor performs correctly..if it does then you have a charging problem...please get back to us at this point..

I need disconnect the wire to the trolling motor battery, will I still be charging it off my bank charger of do I need a separate charger. Thanks for the response. I'm new to owning a boat.

i am not familiar with the charger you have...what i was saying is to disconnect the one wire that goes from the negative post of one battery to the positive post of the other battery used to drive your 24v trolling motor and charge them separately...thats all you have to disconnect..one wire...

Back