Logo

quicksilver power 2 variable pitch prop instructions

socaljetsfan

Hello I was just given a power 2 prop and was wondering if anybody had any idea how to set it up or experience running one. I want to put it on my 19' SeaRay with a 260hp Mercruiser and Alpha One drive.

Wow, didn't know those things were still available - nothing on the Merc site that I could find. First came out in the early '90's, did not work well, thought they were gone. They are/were not a continuous variable pitch - shifted from one pitch to another with a clunk, like shifting gears on an Alpha. On many boats they kept shifting back and forth depending on boat speed, wave conditions, load, throttle setting, etc. Don't have instructions, check on ebay. Would love to hear about your results if you decide to try it.

Well it was with some other props I bought from the guy and he threw it in. I'm in the process of getting the drive redone so Ill try it out and let you know if I have any luck. Trial an error method. While I'm on here let me ask another question. I have noticed that I have a couple of hair line cracks on the exhaust manifolds. They appear to have a faint sign of water leakage. I've pulled all the spark plugs and see no signs of water. Is this a serious problem?

Hello I was just given a power 2 prop and was wondering if anybody had any idea how to set it up or experience running one. I want to put it on my 19' SeaRay with a 260hp Mercruiser and Alpha One drive.

I have two quicksilver power 2 props, and have used them for the past 5 years. They work great, I have had zero problems. I have the instruction manual which shows you how to set them up. It is very easy install. I wish they still made them, because parts are hard to find. The hardest part to find in the Plate Adjuster part # 823521. I am looking for one for my spare prop.

Hi I know that this prop is not made any more but merc still supports it and I will supply the phone number and a link to thier site for you. Customer support can supply the manual and instructions for this. don't have instructions , but I know under the prop nut is a plate that is held against a cam plate. the cam plate had groves/ridges. you adjust the
RPM that the shift occurs by adjusting the plate under the nut by turning it. You have to set the spring tension via a cam plate to keep the prop in low pitch at low rpm's. The physical adjustment is very easy. The cam plate is marked and notched so you can make 15 degree movements. This plate is made of plastic. It is up to you where you want the prop to shift (which rpm). I liked it to shift just before max rpm for my engine.
920-929-5040
http://www.mercurymarine.com/contact-us/

I took this from a 2011 post on fixya.com. Apparently as early as 3 years ago you could call the number at the end of the post and Mercruiser would still help with instructions. I suspect parts will be harder to find than instructions. Anyway, here's what I found.

Well it was with some other props I bought from the guy and he threw it in. I'm in the process of getting the drive redone so Ill try it out and let you know if I have any luck. Trial an error method. While I'm on here let me ask another question. I have noticed that I have a couple of hair line cracks on the exhaust manifolds. They appear to have a faint sign of water leakage. I've pulled all the spark plugs and see no signs of water. Is this a serious problem?

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... Yes, it Is a serious problem,...

You need a New set of manifolds,... If they leak, Inside, it'll destroy yer motor,....

Back