Logo

Repairing water pump on 30 hp evinrude(1989)

Richarde

I bought a rebuilds kit and have been winging it without a repair manual. I can't seem to get the lower end back together and get the water tube back in the right spot. I probably took this apart or am putting it together in a wrong sequence. Anybody got any suggestions?

Get a repair manual. Anybody that wants to work on these motors should have one. After that, start asking questions.

Thanks! I watched the video and it basically confirmed that I am on track. My only dilemma is when I slide the assembly back together, I am having difficulty getting the water tube to line up with the top of the pump and there is absolutely no room to get a hand in there to hold it in place. I am thinking that I will pull it loose from the top o-ring just to extend it down and maybe try holding it with a string that I can pull out when it goes together properly.
I undrstand the benefit of having a repair manual and usually purchase one for most of my toys, but I posted because I was hoping to get the boat on the water now and not wait for a manual to be shipped. Your video was helpful.

Back