Logo

analog gauge wiring

ejokinen

Greetings,

this is my first post and I am looking for help on a two year old pain in my side

I have a 99 F50 that came with the analog tach and T/T gauges and the 703 remote

I upgraded my boat 2 years ago and in the process of transferring the motor to the new one, I unhooked the gauges without paying attention to how they were wired up, thinking it would be simple plug and play but it hasn't been. It seems no matter what combination I try I can not get the gauges to work fully, so I am turning to you guys to help

From the 703 there is solid colored wires: Black, Blue, Yellow, Green

On the Tach: the blue and black wires attach via bullet connectors to the black and blue from the 703.
T/T: Blue and black also attach via bullet connectors.

Each gauge has a snap connector, so those connect.

Tach: Green, black and yellow wires connect to the corresponding 703 colored wires

That leaves me with two yellow wires with red stripes coming out of each gauge and a black with red stripe wire coming out of the harness that connects the gauges.

It seems no matter which combination I try to hook them up in the T/T gauge either reads all the way high or no reading at all.

The tach has worked, the back lights work. But the T/T hasn't and the oil light that would light up with key on hasn't.

Thanks for any help
Eric

Back