Logo

In search of a trim cylinder for 125 Force

bullys50

Hello all, this is my first post as I am a newbe to this forum. And as my first post, I'm going in search of the "Unicorn". I trying to find a cylinder for the trim on my just recently purchased boat. It's a 1976 Mark Twain, 17', has a 1986 125 Force. She needs a lot of work, mostly interior. But the trim cylinder has a crack and the oil just runs out of it. Have been searching the internet and that thing is hard to find, and when I do come across one it is with the whole tilt/trim assembly. And boy those things must be made from gold cause everyone wants an arm and my first born. I didn't see a for sale section when I was looking at the forums. Is there and I just missed it. Or if anyone has a cylinder they don't cheris that much I would be interested. Well thanks for your time and any and all replies I get.
Bully

Trim cylinder or tilt cylinder?
And yes they are crazy expensive.
No one has a for sale or trade section on the forums.
You can look on e-bay or Craigslist.
I look in the neighboring states too on CL.
Post a pic of the part you need.
I might have a piece or two.
Oh yea, welcome!

You might build or buy an Adjustable Outboard Motor Tilter until you find a TT setup.

I see there are a couple TTs on the bay right now. Do a search in "Chrysler Tilt Trim" in Boat Parts category
You might also look for a complete "lock up" someone is trying to unload in your area. Take what you need and part or scrap the rest.
Example..............
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-CHRYSL..._Accessories_Gear&hash=item3a8c4b1227&vxp=mtr

Don't forget the electrical components that are needed.

Dave. The link you provided is good but the seller doesn't guarantee the unit to even work and no returns for a MINIMUM of $350
Just saying be REAL CAREFUL what you buy?????
I also think he has all the electrics as the 125's all came stock with T/T

Back