Logo

looking for help on a 40 hp force by mercury

brianbkb

got a couple questions. my father has giving me a 40 force I think its the early 90's cant find the model #, the serial# is 0e053031. i need to get a wiring harness for the controls . the control box say quicksilver but they look old. The batteries wires are missing, I assume the ground will attach to the block, I found the solenoid but do not know what side to attach it . It is going on 25' crest pontoon boat and the motor has tilt Thank you for your help

thank you for the help . I think I need new controls the one that were giving to me say mercury cruise and only have 6 wires and the plug has 8 on the motor

I'm sorry I haven't been on in a while, been working a lot of hours. Here are the pics.

Attachments

• motor 1.jpg
    motor 1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 22
  • motor 2.jpg
    motor 2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 21
  • motor 3.jpg
    motor 3.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 21
The controls were given to my father, and he was told they would work on that motor. They must have been stripped off or something because the plug is cut off. There are six wires coming out of the control box. The fuel line was taken off at the fuel pump as well as the shifting cable and throttle cable. That's what I know about the motor. I'm finding wiring harnesses that will hook to that plug on the boat but don't know the difference between the six wires off my controls and the eight wires on the plug. There are two separate wires for trim and tilt so I know that's not the extra two. I just want to know if these controls could work. Thanks for your help and advice.

Back