Logo

Power Tilt/Trim Relay Junction Box

cjb2145

First time newbie here. I have just purchased a used boat with a 90 HP Johnson Outboard- Model Number J90MLCRD. The Power Tilt/Trim Relay Junction Box is just sitting in the engine compartment, freely floating so to speak. It looks like it should attached to a bracket or some fixture to hold it in place, I can't figure out where though. Any help on figuring out how to secure the box and what it should be secured to would be appreciated.

PT1.jpgPT2.jpgPT3.jpgPT4.jpg

Normally that box mounts on the back of the exhaust cover.-------But it is possible that you have a mix of parts.-----Any holes in the back of the relay box ?----Post pictiure of the exhaust cover between the cylinder heads.

Normally that box mounts on the back of the exhaust cover.-------But it is possible that you have a mix of parts.-----Any holes in the back of the relay box ?----Post pictiure of the exhaust cover between the cylinder heads.

Thanks for the reply. Indeed, this box SHOULD mount to the back of the exhaust cover. It appears that some cutting a splicing has occurred which won't allow for this box to mount to the back of the exhaust. I will need to do some fabricating to mount to something close to where it is at now.

Thanks racerone!

Do some more cutting and splicing and get it mounted to the back of the exhaust cove. It's not that hard to do.

Back