Logo

Fuel system for 91 454. Fuel flow issue. Rebuilt quads from CR

slauder

Regular Contributor
Quick question1... See the sight tube leading back to pump was off carb and has been kinked.... Does that effect fuel pump operation?

Question 2... how do I get a fuel pressure tester on my fuel line? I have steel line from carb to pump, from pump to filter. I have 3/8 A1 marine lines from filter to racor, from racor to anti syphon at tank.

i don't see a tee /fitting in steel line.

The sight tube has no effect of the pumps operation

some hod rod shops have an inverted flare tee with a hose barb for measuring the pressure...another option is to get the sierra a1 rated fuel line with the steel ends...the other option is to fill the bowl and then hook the gauge over the end of the flared tube directly with hose and a clamp...not the safest approach...

I've seen a few guys cut the factory line and install an inverted flare Tee...ok as long a you replace the hose bard with a pip plug when you are done...but it does require a flare tool and some patience to get it all done correctly...if you try this DONT use compression fittings...they don't meet the safety requirements...

.another option is to get the sierra a1 rated fuel line with the steel ends...

i didn't know that I could have A1 sitting from pump to carb. I though that close to engine was problem.

I have a flare tool and was thinking the same but wasn't sure if it was legal.

The starboard is hard to get to. The marine shop has a tee I can use at the pump.

can you confirm I must measure on the push side? That is after the pump? I hope my manual has pressure rating needed. do you know what it is... Read unofficial source... 4 to 6 psi? Sounds low

Last edited:
Back