Logo

1988 5.0 chevy 305 OMC

firefghtr1134

I am tying to get my boat ready for the season. It ran well when I put it away and winterized it last fall. Now I can not get it to start. There is no power to the key, or any of the accessories. the motor will start if the solenoid is jumped. All of the fuses test out good as well, and also replaced the solenoid as well with no change. Any suggestions? Rob

I am tying to get my boat ready for the season. It ran well when I put it away and winterized it last fall. Now I can not get it to start. There is no power to the key, or any of the accessories. the motor will start if the solenoid is jumped. All of the fuses test out good as well, and also replaced the solenoid as well with no change. Any suggestions? Rob

Ayuh,.... Start at the battery terminals, 'n start cleanin' to Shiny metal Clean, All the electrical connections,...

'n don't forget the Grounds,...

Tether maybe. I installed an engine in my 87 bayliner. Its also a 305. I couldnt get it to crank after all the wiring was hooked up . My father inlaw pointed out it has a tether switch. It runs now lol.

Also their are 2 big inline fuses in the main wiring harness back by all the solenoids . If one of the fuses is blown you'l have no juice.

Back