Logo

in distress

hopefultooner

I,m working on a ns50c lower end. I,v pulled the prop and prop shaft and am looking inside the foot and there is a gear way back in there. this gear doesnt seem to want to move, spin orrr come out. any suggestions?

The LU houses 3 gears. The A gear (F), B gear (pinion) and C gear (R). When you pull the prop shaft housing (with Reverse gear), you will see those 2 remaining gears.
You need a service manual to fully see the setup, unless you are already familiar with lower units.
Why did you take it apart?

The LU houses 3 gears. The A gear (F), B gear (pinion) and C gear (R). When you pull the prop shaft housing (with Reverse gear), you will see those 2 remaining gears.
You need a service manual to fully see the setup, unless you are already familiar with lower units.
Why did you take it apart?

The prop shaft housing where you bolt it on both of those tits were broke off. i purchase a new prop shaft housing along with all the neccessary seals and bearings to replace everything in the unit.

The prop shaft housing where you bolt it on both of those tits were broke off. i purchase a new prop shaft housing along with all the neccessary seals and bearings to replace everything in the unit.I purchased a manual on ebay sorry that was before i found this forum or I certainly would have purchased it from you. You sir are a blessing with your knowledge of this stuff.

Back