Logo

Pink repair resin/epoxy?

Eggie

Hi everyone! I'm trying to find a name for an epoxy or resin repair product we used to get that was a pink or coral color. We had a shop in Georgia and they used to get it in 55 gallon drums. We lost all the files in that shop when it closed a couple years ago, and no one remaining remembers it as anything other than the pink stuff. My boss swears it was some kind of two-part fiberglass resin, but I haven't found any that are pink. Does anyone have any idea what they could have been using? They said when it dried, it was a real pain to drive nails into it. (We're not using it on boats, but to seal wood forms.)

Thank you!
Eggie

Ayuh,.... The color of a resin is pretty irrelevant ain't it,..??

I've seen pink, green, 'n blue tinted,...

What, Exactly is the ultimate goal,..??

The color isn't important (except maybe as a sign of coverage), but no one remembers what the product was or who we got it from. Just that it was 'pink stuff' they used to coat the bed and they were pretty sure it was some kind of marine epoxy/resin/etc. We actually picked up a gallon of some clear bondo resin yesterday and are testing it out today. We cast concrete in wood forms, nothing terribly intricate, but whatever the pink stuff was held up to multiple castings (screeding off the top of the concrete which is fairly abrasive to the edges of the form) and resisted the daily moist and dry cycle of the initial wet cast and the heat (drying) of the concrete curing - at least for two-three weeks of use.

Back